Basic research as well as some research for practical application are conducted at the Faculty of Horticulture, Biotechnology and Landscape Architecture. The research areas are as follows:
- creating modern tools for genetic research and for molecular breeding techniques for plants;
- improving production and plant protection technology with preserving biodiversity and sustainable development;
- preserving high quality of horticultural products in consecutive market steps;
- biological bases of technology diminishing chemical environment pollution;
- natural and cultural bases for planning in landscape architecture.
Our research programmes are the parts of one of two strategic areas of research in National Frame Programme: II. Environment and III Agriculture and food.
Faculty is the editor of scientific journal ‘Annals of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences – Horticulture and Landscape Architecture’. Until 2007 ‘Faculty of Horticulture, Biotechnology and Landscape Architecture Annual Report’ was issued in English.This Report presents the information in English on the Faculty structural units and on their scientific activities in consecutive years.
Faculty structural units co-operate in the frames of partner’s agreements with the Universities in Wageningen, Louvain, Strasbourg, Hiroshima, Bonn, Moscow,Cairo and Vienna.
Annual Conferences and Symposia organised by the Faculty are as follows: Melon’s Day and scientific and application Symposium “Cucurbitaceae – for Health” organized by the Department of Plant Genetics, Breeding and Biotechnology, Open Days in the Wilanów Orchard and Highbush Blueberry Day organised by the Department of Pomology that is also a co-organiser of the International Fair of Agrotechnique in Fruit Growing. Every year in August Faculty structural units take part in the International Conference and Exhibition “The green means life”.
Scientific publications of the Faculty staff members can be found under:
this link -please,use the password “Wydział Ogrodnictwa i Architektury Krajobrazu”